About Me

My photo
By trade I am a journalist with a background in current affairs, culture, health and fitness, travel and high profile interviews. I also own and run an outdoor fitness business aimed at people that hate gyms and bootcamps (www.spartanfitnesslondon.co.uk). Most importantly though, I am on Shared Parental Leave from May 31 to October 3. Everyday from 0730 to 1800 I will be in sole charge of a real and completely awesome baby girl.

Wednesday 22 June 2016

DAY 22 - RHYME TO BUY TIME

Thoughts on breakfast?
Houmous? Cous cous?
Banana and a spinach bake.
Went down okay but more effort I feel I should make.

Pack her up, need to get moving. Drop off then to a work meeting.
Granddad initiates smiles
Feeds, plays, walks miles
While my office foray is fleeting, some people need a good beating.

"Important views"
But new real news
..."We promise its not about dole queues"
Just a few boo hoos. For those that get the chop. 
"It's for the best"
"Yes!"
"Exciting for all!"
Except for "those"
More efficient. 
Proficient.

Race back to original HQ.
Phew. 
M'Lady's been lovely – all fed, changed, happy 
But we are late
Bath time delayed
And fear grows about the nappy.
Traffic
Manic
Panic
Bath
Mum feed. Pure greed
Smiling face, beaming.
Final change. STEAMING 
WOW 
HOW?

Day done. Not the best
Need a rest.  Tomorrow, swimming
Back to winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment